Leaf spring liner

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>, "Marlene Rzepkowski" <mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Leaf spring liner
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:03:10 -0600
From "Marlene Rzepkowski" <mrzepkow at rochester.rr.com>

List,
I remember a thread on rebuilding leaf springs.  There was a Hot Rod
supplier who had the materials to put between the springs for a smoother
ride.  I am rebuilding an MG TF car for touring and pleasure and would like
to get some of this material but have long since deleted the thread and I'm
not even sure which list I participate on had the information posted.
Anyone who can give me the link - I'd appreciate it.  Thanks,
Dick Rzepkowski

 Dick
 As you may already know there is several ways
 to address rear leaf springs on our LBC's

 here is the info your asked for plus some
 that was offered to me.

 http://www.springfieldstreetrods.com/FSuspension2.htm

                                                       SPRING LINER
POLY PROPYLENE BETWEEN THE SPRING REDUCES METAL TO METAL FRICTION AND WEAR,
ALLOWING THE SPRING TO MOVE FREELY FOR A SMOOTHER RIDE.

2640 1-3/4" X 20' $13.95
2642 2" X 25' $15.95
2644 2-1/4" X 25' $17.95
2646 2-3/8" X 25' $18.95

The easiest way to change the nature and compliance of the leaf springs is
to have them teflon coated.  Makes them ride smooth, no squeaks and they
look greattttt for centuries.  Around $200.00 to have them done here in
Houston.  The company takes them all apart, sandblasts them and teflon coats
each leaf.

 Polymer Dynamics, Inc.
11211 Neeshaw Drive
Houston, TX 77065Phone (281) 894 -6382 or
Toll Free
1-888-polydyn
1-888-765-9396
Fax (281) 894 - 2211

 also if i remeber right, Chuck had a place to get
 the liner.

 Good luck with yours

  Larry Rex

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]