Re: And HF's customer service replys with

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: And HF's customer service replys with
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:26:14 EST
In a message dated 02/18/2004 7:00:15 AM Mountain Standard Time,
toyman@digitex.net writes:
Inside, in an
article about Vietnam becoming the next China, they state that they pay their
laborers $35 A MONTH!!
.
One of my customers, that I started doing business with in Los Angeles, and
then in Tlaxcala, PU in Mexico when he moved the plant there, has been in Viet
Nam for about a year building a plant to manufacture blue jeans.  The main
brand manufactured there will be Bongo.  But every jean plant in Mexico, China,
Russia, Africa, or Viet Nam can make any brand of jeans and often does.  A five
pocket jean is a five pocket jean.  This is not major rocket science.

Levi Strauss closed their last plant in the US (here in El Paso) a couple of
years ago.  Somewhere between 4 and 8 million pair of jeans are manufactured
in Mexico every year.
This happened about the same time they started selling at Wall Mart.

We can blame the factories, and we can blame the retailers, but the only
fault they have is in providing US with what we want...or rather demand.  I
want
my Levi's to cost $25.00 and my Wranglers to cost $15.00 and I'll buy them at
WalMart if that where they are.

I'd love to buy American, but our free enterprise society, and I love it,
will not support a factory worker making $50,000.00 a year and producing $25.00
products.

I offer no answers, only facts and opinions....

Robert B. Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03 Beetle

... Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but
rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

-Author Unknown