Re: media blasting

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: media blasting
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:25:55 -0500
We had "Little Bits" plastic media blasted and I loved it. Like Frank
said, bare metal all shiny and ready for primer. Plastic media is less
aggresive and will not distort the metal like sand will. Plastic is
recomended for Corvettes and all fiberglass components for that reason.
Only thing witht he media was it gets in ever where. Everytime I rotated
the body on the stands, it kept coming from inside the seams and frame
structure for weeks. A shop vac in one end and an air hose in the other
at the same time seemed to cure that. I have also read articles on
baking soda becoming the choice because it is environmentaly safe.

Dave & Bobbie
1960 Bugeye "Little Bits"
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm