RE: Healey Sprite Boats

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Healey Sprite Boats
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:08:28 -0500 FILETIME=[3C7B74D0:01C3F8C7]
Frank,

After doing a little Google search, I can up with these links. from here you
may be able to get some more info. It appears that there are a couple here
in the States, and Canada.

http://www.austin-healey-club-ec.fsnet.co.uk/healey_photographs/photographs.htm#healey_boat

http://www.obcc.ca/nov.php3

It's a start....HTH

Brian S.
Bugeye under resto

>With the ice melting on the bay, my mind is shifting towards boats.
>I know all about the Healey (wooden) Sports boats. Does anybody know if any
>of the Healey Sprite (fiberglass) boats made it to the States?
>In Donalds book he mentions that he used an American fiberglass boat as a
>mould and stuck a Scott Atwater outboard on it.
>My brother is an excellent fiberglass man, he just found an old rare
>fiberglass boat he is restoring (predessor to Donzi) and I was just
>thinking how nice it would be to complete my Sprite collection with a
>Healey Sprite boat.
>There is no mention of these boats that I can find other than a paragraph
>in Donald Healey's "My World of Cars".
>--
>Frank Clarici
>Toms River, NJ
>Back up to too many sprites again.
>http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/

Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide.
http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx