Getting closer to finished

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Getting closer to finished
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:56:11 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Hi all,

Took advantage of the warmer-than-normal weather to get some stuff done
on my project. I spent the day fitting the front end sheetmetal, and got
both wings and the bumper in place. I had installed the bonnet, but I
found out that the bonnet hinges I have are worn, and so the bonnet
rocks as it's raised. I wouldn't have minded except that the rear edge
of the bonnet is scraping the front of the cowl. Ouch! :-(  I thought I
had another set of bonnet hinges from the blue car, but I can't find
them in any of my bins.

Anyone have a good set of scissor-type bonnet hinges they're willing to
part with? NLA from Moss, according to the newest catalog.

On the good side, she started right up after a little cranking to get
the float bowls filled (1500, mech fuel pump). The brake pedal is still
firm, the clutch is low but works.  I tested the electrics (now that I
have the front end lights installed). Almost everything works. My right
side headlight doesn't work, neither high or low beam. New wiring, and
new bulb, so I probably don't have a good connection somewhere. I'll
have to pull out the old voltmeter to test. The turn signal indicators
are also not working. When I move the switch left or right, all the
correct bulbs light up (front bumper, rear, and dashboard), but don't
flash. The hazards also don't work, as when I flipped the switch I got
nothing. I'm not sure if I have a bad hazard switch or a bad flasher
unit.

It's only eight weeks till Britfest, which is when I'm planning to have
her done. She's sooo close!  :)

-=Chris