RE: 948/1098 II

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 948/1098 II
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:08:10 -0500 FILETIME=[904A5E30:01C4023D]
Ralph,

While I'm no expert by any stretch, I would go with the 1098. It looks the
same, gives more performance whether you leave it stock or warm it up than
the 948.
I have to disagree with others about the 1098 saying the 1098 is just a
torque motor and is not a revver. While it may not rev like a full race
9000rpm 948,  mine has a hot cam and head work, will make good power to
7000.
As they say, there is no substitue for cubic inches, the 1098 will have more
torque and HP, and unless anyone looks at the block stamping, no one will
know.
And the 1098 will bolt up to the smoothcase box, and do just fine, if that's
all you have.
My 2.5 cents.

Brian S.
Bugeye under resto