[Fwd: Ebay item for sale (?) - 2000 Audi TT Quattro for $7700!]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Ebay item for sale (?) - 2000 Audi TT Quattro for $7700!]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:10:12 +0000
What category of scam/hustle would this fall under?
Madness...

Michael Lott

I bid on a BMW Z3 and a guy in Germany wanted to sell me his 98 for $10K. He
sorta dropped outta sight when I asked him for a picture of the USA
certification plate... He also didn't want to use the escrow service of my
choice. Big clues...

They try to get you to front the money, then just the shipping cost, then the
document fees, etc.

Call his bluff! Tell him the money will be put in escrow at your bank and he
should ship the car. See how he squirms...

Kent
1960 Bugeye