Re: Process of elimination - so?

To: Captain Rapture <yup1275@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Process of elimination - so?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:53:57 -0500
Cc: mg <spridgets@autox.team.net>, jim coppage <apexshot@charter.net>
On Mar 15, 2004, at 1:15 AM, Captain Rapture wrote:

> Well? Any ideas? Gotta be the carb, eh? The 45DCOE is set up
> ala Vizard and has a bad flat spot I plan to remedy with a milder
> tune as advised by Bob and Frank.

David,

Three things to check.  Distributor cap, rotor and the electrical
connections on the coil.

The rivets on the coil that fasten the spade connectors to the coil
body sometimes loosen and cause the symptoms you are describing.  Frank
put me wise to this a year or so ago when I couldn't find a similar
problem.  I've also had two or three new (fresh out of the box) rotors
which caused these symptoms.

Kevin V.