Re: How Many Piston Rings? >

To: "Phil Profili" <Phil.Profili@cptii.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How Many Piston Rings? >
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:39:10 -0600
Phil,
         IF the pistons are original in a 40 year old engine, they would be
the 4-ring variety. The 5 ring were replacement pistons, the 5th ring being
below the wrist pin. But, order the 5 ring set as it has only the extra oil
rings, the other rings being the same between the sets.
         It's a BIG IF, that everything is standard, though.
Peter C
====