New Member and Car!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Member and Car!
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:04:16 -0800
The Midget bug bit.

I'm a new member to the list.  I currently have a 1966 MGB and a 1969
MGB/GT and have owned MG's for the last 27 years.  A little Midget
crossed my path two years ago, but I was up to my nose in MGB projects
and couldn't even consider another MG.  I sent the owner an email last
week to see if he still had it and if he still wanted to sell.

He did.

The price dropped during the two years so now I have a 1971 Midget.  It
has been mostly idle for the last ten years and needs the usual
restorative attention to the brakes and such.  He only put about 2000
miles on it in the ten years he owned it and stored it in a dry garage.
The original interior is nearly  perfect as is the paint.  No rust.
Even the boot is like new with all of the original tools and bags.  He
even has the original paper work including the AM radio installation
guide.  It's like time and rust forgot this little car.

I could only do a brief drive with the marginal brakes.  What a riot!
That is the most sensory driving experience I have ever had.  You feel
and are aware of everything.  I can't wait to get it home and start
going through it so I can really drive it.

I'll post pictures on my site in the next week or so.  I'm looking
forward to talking to everyone.  You can see my other MG's at
www.thisoldmg.com

Randy
Gresham, Oregon