Re: Re: eBay Bugeye

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: eBay Bugeye
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:51:44 +0000
Larry,

I haven't seen the car in person, but I was a friend of Phil Chiles who built
the car, and followed its progress by correspondence as he was building it.  I
can't tell you much more about it than what the eBay listing says.  I bought
his previous street bugeye when the eBay car was completed.

He built it as a fast street toy for his own personal use.  It's not a trailer
queen.  It was built to be driven, and was a fair weather daily-driver for him.
 It was built using a lot of knowledge acquired on the race track.  If your
friend is looking for a show car to polish in the driveway on the weekends and
take to car shows, this is probably not the car for him.  If, however, he is
looking for a solid, fast, great-handling bugeye, then it may be just what he's
looking for.

If you follow SCCA racing, you are probably already familiar with the name Phil
Chiles.  If not, then here's a short intro: Phil raced an H-Production bugeye
very successfully for a number of years, finishing on the podium (3rd place) at
the National Runoffs in 2001 & 2002.  Phil raced in his last race about this
time last year.  He was diagnosed with cancer shortly afterward, and succumbed
to the disease last summer.  He was a good friend to many in the SCCA
Production racing community and is missed greatly.