Spitfidget 1500 For sale

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfidget 1500 For sale
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:21:28 -0600
Listers:
Midget 1500 for sale in Michigan.  Usual disclaimers.  Don't know the car or
the seller.
Contact the seller if interested.
JohnD

From "Jim Criste"
>Subject: Emailing: mg
>Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:39:53 -0500
>
>'77 MG Midget For Sale
>
>Please click on any picture for a full size view.
>

> The car is a 1977 Midget.
> It has a 1500 motor.
>

> We know the history of this car for the last three owners. The guy I
bought it from had it for four years. It had 38k miles on it when he bought
it. The guy he bought it from had it for 15 years. He did not do much with
it, but it appears to have been stored in a good dry garage. He only drove
the car a few times a year.

> The guy I brought it from did some restoration to the car while he owned
it. Here are a few things he did to it while he owned it:

> a.. New Top
> b.. Tires
> c.. Alternatior
> d.. All Belts and Hoses
> e.. New Throttle Cable
> f.. Front End Alignment
> g.. New Temp/Oil Gagues ($200)
> h.. Reconditioned the Head
> i.. Complete Tune Up - Spart Plugs and Timing
> j.. Stainless Steel Exhaust with a Header
> k.. New Seat Cushions
> l.. New Seat Belts
> m.. CD Player
>

> When I bought the car, I put in a new starter and starter relay.
University Motors rebuilt the master cylinder and the carb. I adjusted the
valves when the new head had 500 miles on it.

> This car really does run and drive like new. I should have sold it when I
got done, but I was having too much fun driving it. It has an itty-bitty gas
tank, and it goes forever on a tank of gas. When my son first saw the MG he
laughed at the car when I bought it home, but now he enjoys going on road
trips with me. It really demonstrates that driving fun does not always mean
driving fast.

> The car currently has 45,000 miles. The VIN is GAN6UH188813G. The car has
original paint and no rust. The car has some minor bumps and bruises, but it
looks very good over all. Nothing that will catch your eye. The interior is
in good shape, but it does need new carpet.

> I am asking $3,500 for the car. The car is located in Adrian Michigan
(zip: 49221). Please contact me with any questions you may have. Feel free
to reach me the following ways: