Re: Datsun Transmission and other options

To: midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Datsun Transmission and other options
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:21:46 +0000
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I personally do not see much advantage of the old (A14?) datsun engine.  It
may be a engineered a little better, but it is still old technology.   If I
were going to spend the time to do a swap, then I would look for a more
modern engine/trans.  Sure, it will cost more money, but my bigger concern is
what my time and energy yields.

Just my opinion.

BTW, I have a datsun 5 speed trans, and it is great for cruising on the long
and straight.  As a bonus... I don't have to listen to my wife crunch first
gear.