RE: Polarity + or -

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Polarity + or -
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:20:28 -0800
Gerard wrote: " positive ground tends top promote rust faster."

When I lived in England, I also heard that... and that the negative ground
system was safer. Nobody gave me a scientific eplanation as to why, though.
Anyone on this list can enlighten me?

I believe the positive grounding of car stemmed from an early (and
erroneous) idea by some scientists that electricity flow was better with a
positive ground. I have never read anything in vintage clubs/organization
saying that there was any advantage to switching to negative ground, except
for the use of modern accessories - especially radios.

Jacques LC