Re: the lean

To: John Gottstein <john@ssrimusic.com>
Subject: Re: the lean
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:30:29 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
A friend of mine just fixed this problem on his Bugeye.

It had the usual lean to the Left (LHD car). He lowered the Right Front
spring by adding spacers below the spring bottom pan (sorry I can't
think of actual name, & too lazy to go to garage to check manual). This
caused the Left Rear of car to raise slightly - Bugeye now looks dead
even from front or back..

I thought this might throw off the overall suspension and steering but
he says it drives just fine. He has driven his Bugeye as a daily driver
for 35 years so I guess he knows whether it feels right or not.

I may try this approach on my Bugeye after I get more pressing items
fixed. Can anyone give  reasons with this method might be a bad idea?

John, hope this helps.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA