More Peter Egan musings... with any abuse report

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More Peter Egan musings... with any abuse report
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:02:19 -0500 (EST)
While waiting for the used - new to me - SU's to arrive (thanks Dan in NJ!),
I've been reading my Peter Egan Side Glances books I bought off the 'net.

I've finished the first, and am heavily into the second.  With the weather
turning rapidly here in GA, I need to hurry up, or it'll be winter before I get
to #3!

As I am able to grab a quick story here and there throughout my busy day, I'm
struck by a few things:

1.  He must not have children, to have this much playtime and so many cool
toys!  I have 2 girls, and more barbies than I can shake a stick at!

2.  He has a very understanding wife.  It seems like she enjoys the adventures
as much as he does.

3.  This is a must-read manual for my wife to read, if she ever hopes to figure
me and my peculiarities out.

4.  Do all LBC fans also like sailboats (preferably wooden), old airplanes, old
guitars, etc.

5.  Strange coincidences begin to happen as I read his stuff.

- I just read his story on Karting w/ a 5HP briggs 'n stratton engine, and the
very next day hooked up w/ a friend who's got a friend who's got a dirt track
and a few 5HP B&S Karts, and we're going to go play!

- Read the story about the canvas Piper Cub he built, and then I find myself
over at the local airfield looking longingly at the planes!

- Reading about him and his sister on his dad's wooden sailboat inspires me to
work on the gelcoat of my very own 14'5" daysailor I've got in the backyard.

- He mentions strip canoes in another article - I just dug out my "Build Your
Own Strip Canoe" book, while assembling my 'library' in the guest room
downstairs.  Now that I have my table saw (thanks, Shop Talk list!), I'm ready
to build it.  Using it is another matter entirely!!

- Read about his Blues band, and went down to the basement, dug out my Les Paul
and amp, polished it up, tuned it up, plugged it in and played for a bit.  Yup,
I'm still terrible!  Practice?  We don't need no steeenkin' practice!

6.  With all these ambitious projects I've got going on, and others I'm afraid
to mention, who needs sleep!  I'll sleep when I'm dead, as they say...  :-)

OK, enough rambling.  Guess I'd better get to work so I can pay for this all...

Chip

Chip Mautz
Atlanta, GA

'65 Austin Healey Sprite - Too small
'88 BMW 528e - Just right
'03 Chevy Suburban - Too big

911 - Government sponsored Dial-A-Prayer.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.