Cooper S distributor rebuild

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooper S distributor rebuild
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:18:13 -0500
Youse guys--

Just got my distributor back from Paul A. who replaced the bushings and ran
it up on his distributor machine.  Despite its credentials as a Cooper S
dizzy, there were some significant mid-range discrepencies in the advance
curve.  He tried some miscellaneous springs he had laying around, and now
I'm more in the ball park. I should see a bit better acceleration out of the
turns.  This is very important, because as Soave's driving improves, and he
gets more of that Wisonsin cheatin' dog blood in him, I will require every
advantage to be able to stay in the beer money on race day.  See ya at
Grattan, Grasshopper.
And Paul, thanks for the great service!

-JohnD