Re: Riley Sprite

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>, "conan" <conan@intrex.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Riley Sprite
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:54:32 +0100
I owned a 1932 750cc 2-seat sports car for a while, but not with a
supercharger. Still it went ok. It was extremely lightweight and made for a
fun road car. Looked similar to the early MG Midgets but smaller. Wish I had
kept it now!  These Austin 750 cars held a whole host of speed records for a
few years, until technological improvements - largely with the MGs -
overtook them.  The ohc supercharger one was a last throw attempt to
maintain their league position

Guy