Re: E Brake Revelation

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: E Brake Revelation
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:56:46 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad

We all learn something new every day with these cars.
I learned not to leave a bleeder nipple open just the other week.
It is also a good idea to re-adjust the brake shoes after a few miles.
The brakes will center themselves after some use so a readjustment is
neccessary.

Let's see, what have I learned about Sprites in 2004....

Never assume that chink under the hood was a wrench falling out.
It could be your alternator pulley!

never try to rebuild wheel cylinders without making sure the bleeder
nipple is closed.

Never test drive a Sprite with the brand new exhaust hanger just laying
around the pipe but not yet bolted up.
It will go away.

It's always a bad brake light switch when using silicone fluid even if
it only has 2 miles on it! Don't bother chasing the brake light wires or
bulbs.

Run a round file around the inside of all new repro bugeye headlight
switch knobs so they fit around the ignition switch.

And todays learning expieience....
Never assume that just baked powdercoated sway bar was cool enough to
remove from the oven with bare hands!!!

Sometimes I am afraid of what I might learn tomorrow ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ