Re: Rear Shocks

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Shocks
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:49:44 +0100
There would seem to be three ways of fitting rear shocks
1.  to a bracket that bolts in the position of the lever shock, so that the
tubular shock slopes forwards at about 60 degrees.  I think this is how the
commercial Spax kit works.
2.  vertically, more or less in place of the rubber axle straps - assuming
one can find a unit that is short enough
3.   aligned to slope inwards at the top.  The top mounting could then be a
length of U - section channel bolted up through the floor.  This arrangement
would seem to also give some additional resistance to body roll and improve
axle location.

Any thoughts?