RE: Engine Swaps with any abuse report

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Swaps with any abuse report
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 07:59:26 -0400 (EDT)
>Only bad thing is that rotary engine noise. I personnally never got used to
>it. While some cars engines sound like music to my ears, the rotary
>only produces noise!
>
>Jacques Le Clainche in SD, just back from a "blat" in the Lotus 7 Twin
>Cam 8-)

I couldn't agree more - I love seeing those RX7's going around the track at
Road Atlanta, duelling w/ the 240Z's (SCCA ITS), but you just can't compare the
sound of a rotary against those lovely deep Straight 6's (Jaguar, Datsun 240Z,
BMW, etc.), or the V8's...  or even the LBC 4's...

Always sounded like a nest of angry hornets to me.  Very annoying, no matter
how fast!

Chip

Chip Mautz
Atlanta, GA

'65 Austin Healey Sprite - Too small
'88 BMW 528e - Just right
'03 Chevy Suburban - Too big

911 - Government sponsored Dial-A-Prayer.

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.