Re: Engine/Transmission Removal

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine/Transmission Removal
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:39:31 +0100
Glen,
I agree, that is exactly how I do it.  Use a chain, select the link to give
the right angle and away you go.
I also use a trolly jack under the tranny  and stuff a piece of foam on top
ofthe gearbox to stop it catching on the underside ofthe battery tray.
I do the job on my own and it usually takes 1 1/4 hours from the start to
having the lump sitting on the garage floor.

Guy