Re: Muffler for Midget

To: "Simon.Bosworth" <Simon.Bosworth@target.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Muffler for Midget
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:53:24 -0500
> I am putting an LCB header on my 73 Midget and would like to also
> replace the standard mufflers with something that flows a little better.
> Does anyone have any recommendations?

Simon,
What I have just put onto my 72 is an LCB, followed by a 1.75" pipe (the LCB
ends in a piece that slips nicely inside a 1.75" pipe and outside of a 1.5"
pipe) that goes straight back to the axle then kinks up slightly to aim the
muffler upwards a trifle. There is a piece welded onto it that attaches very
nicely to the stock muffler mount just behind the bulkhead. I then have a
$30 Cherrybomb brand turbo muffler from J C Whitney (part# ZX222855R)
followed by another chunk of 1.75" pipe to clear the bumper. I used the
full-circle muffler clamps from www.aptfast.com to ensure adequate
clearance. It is a little louder than I really wanted, but I am not
complaining very much. I got the LCB and the pipe from Bill Perry at
Rivergate as well as the recommendation on the muffler -- he just couldn't
bring himself to order a muffler from Chicago just to ship it back to
Chicago, so he told me where to get it.
David Lieb