Cracked dizzy caps

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cracked dizzy caps
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:59:20 -0400
My A40 was running rough again so I checked it out to find another
cracked dizzy cap.
Now this cap doesn't have 100 miles on it and was brand new.
I replaced it because the old cap had cracked enroute home from PA.
The dizzy shaft bushing is fine, no sideways movement.
I did have an old rotor in it and I am wondering if maybe that was the
cause. (loose fitting)
Or can a dizzy shaft be bent?
I shouldn't say the cap is cracked, but like the last cap, it was arcing
between #1 and #3 wires at the cap. I can not see a crack even with my
glasses on.
Any ideas or just my luck.
This time it has a new cap, rotor, and wire set. Man it runs good again :)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ