Re: Midget Brake

To: "Marco" <mardep5@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Brake
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:51:54 -0700
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net> information
You'll find a threaded hole at the front of the pedal box (under the
bonnet) directly in front of the top of the brake pedal. Remove the
cover plate at he front of the pedal box to see where it makes
contact with the top of the pedal above the pivot. This is a normally
closed switch, so with your foot OFF the pedal, the ball plunger
needs to make CONTACT with the pedal lever. You'll need to adjust how
far in the switch resides so your lights won't stay on all the time.
The travel is very short on the switch so placement is important.
You'll probably need to loosen bolts that hold the pedal box to the
footwell if they are still making the oblong shape. Otherwise it
won't clear the sheetmetal as you thread it in.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm