Isuzu Starter #?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Isuzu Starter #?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:50:23 -0400
I checked the archives looking for particulars on the Isuzu
starter replacement for for my 1098 Sprite.  I found
references, but no detail as to which one.  Can someone tell
me what to look for, and is it really a direct
fit/replacement?

The starter drive grenaded Saturday, and I had to borrow a
starter to get him home.  I'm guessing the Isuzu and a
rebuilt will run about the same, or I can change the drive
for $30 or so.  Any advice?

BTW, in spite of all the name advice I got (thank you, all),
the car is still nameless.  My wife wanted me to add,
however, that there is a small stuffed bear named Bentley
who rides in the car (her car, the Sprite) all the time.  A
character named Cooper rides in the MGB.