Re: [midgetsprite] POS LIC 2004 18:20:40 -0500

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] POS LIC 2004 18:20:40 -0500
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:10:24 -0400
Cc: I-Race@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets), midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com (Yahoo Spridget list)
850 Fiat Spyder!!!!

Almost bought one of these sweet, little
LIC's back when I was young and joyfully
insane! :)

What a sweet LIC....an absolute joy to
drive in terms of "handling". About as
fast (maybe!:) as a 948 Sprite but just as much of a ball to drive!!
These neat little machines sounded
utterly fantastic with an Abarth exhaust.
(Today, a Cherry Bomb glasspack, of
course!:)

Thing is, the steel (frame) in Fiats of this
era was of horrible quality. Here in the
states, Fiat was all but banned from doing
business due to this major fault in
construction/fabrication. They improved
in this department later on (and thus were
allowed to stay) but the damage they did
to themselves in this respect was not
repairable. As it turned out, sales never
recovered.

So this is their weak point, Brad. You
wanna look the frame over VERY,
VERY carefully and the rest is far more
easily repairable (though maybe not
as easily replaceable? I dunno!), of course.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)