Brake bleeder info needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake bleeder info needed
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:01:56 EDT
I got a little aggressive whilst bleeding the brakes on the 69 Midget, and
sheared off the nipple end of the bleeder valve. Ouch!!! You know just one more
yank to make sure it is tight. It looks like I can get what is left inside is
out with a screw extractor. But would like to have a replacement in hand
before removing it. What is left is holding and I have good pedal pressure? I
have
even been taking the car out, but time to hand it over to my son, and I think
Mum would think a complete bleeder valve appropriate.

So what size is it, and can I get one at an auto parts store? Or do I have to
spring for shipping from Peter or Edwardo? The other interesting thing was
that I had to use a 5/16" wrench on one side and 1/4" on the other. No comment
on the Learned PO since two of them on this list. (BTW Charlie it was the rear
brake hose)

For what it is worth the Might Vac worked like a champ, just so long as you
don't break things,

David Oliner