I don't want to move these MGB pieces

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MGVR" <MGVR@yahoogroups.com>, "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I don't want to move these MGB pieces
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:43:35 -0400
Seems that every time I venture into another part of my basement or garage, I
find more MGB stuff I really don't want to move, or don't need in Florida.

Here's latest:

*    2 Pirelli Winter S Performance 185/70R14 snow tires mounted on 14"
painted wire wheels.  They are unidirectional - 1 left, 1 right.  Still a
winter or 2 of wear left.  Good, true wheels. Just came off my B 2 weeks ago.
$100 the pair, obo. (New wheels are c. $180 ea.)

*    MGB trunk lid.  In good condition.  Painted Mineral Blue to match my B.
I was going to cut away the interior frame to lighten it for racing.  Never
got around to it.  Don't want to move it.  $100 obo (New is $400+)

*    The latest is the short block (Engine less head) that was in my MGB until
I switched to the Fab-Tek engine.  Last run with the cross-flow head (which
does NOT go with the short block). It turned 1:13 at Lime Rock in 2001 with
this engine.  This engine was rebuilt by a shop in Colorado back in (I think)
1986.  I still have the shop's invoices somewhere.  It was bored .020 over, &
a warm cam installed.  Best recollection is rod journals are .010 under.
Total mileage on it is about 50,000 as I remember.

I don't want a lot for this engine/short block as it DOES need to be rebuilt.
But, it is completely serviceable as it sits for street use.  So, offers over
$100 will be considered.

*    Found a VERY decent seat foam from a later MGB tonight.  It has the
sculpted inset for the seat-interlock switch.  It is factory original
one-piece molded.  No rips, tears, bad foam.  Moss price new $31.30.  Make an
offer.

BTW - with my time being squeezed by getting ready to move & sorting 24 years
accumulation of "stuff," I don't have time to pack & ship any of this.  You
must pick up here in Connecticut by May 15.

Save these MGB parts from the dump!

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB - see you at CC '04 (I'm coming back from FL for the race)