Re: Tires - a question & observation

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires - a question & observation
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:05:27 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Last night I tried a little experiment. I have a spare BBS 14"
Basketweave from my wife's BMW downstairs (14x6, 30mm offset, 4x100mm
PCD). I slipped it onto a spare rear axle from my parts Midget, just to
see where it would sit. It looks like a 3/8" or 1/2" spacer could make
this fit with clearance from the spring (though I'd definitely have to
roll the fenders on my 1500). They look nice, and can be had used for
certainly less than $235 per. Has anyone ever looked into making adapter
rings for 4x100 wheels?

-=Chris
(Oh, and using a 155 as a spare with 3 145's - negligable handling
difference, I'd assume by the lack of responses?)

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/