Re: The Last open Road?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <owner-healeys@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Last open Road?
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 07:59:34 -0400
ROFLMAO!  burt is quite an interesting guy!  i've read each and evry one of
his books.  i have offered the premier "ride mooch" a ride in my 1960 saab
but burt declined when i began to explain how you drove it in freewheeling.
burt always stops by to say hello at the track.  in some way i think some of
our track side antics have been worked into some of his writings!  LOL!
personally i'm very anxious to see what buddy and big ed do next!  they are
finally nearing the part of that era where my father raced and places i have
been as a child.
i run giants despair hillclimb.  i have photos of my father running there
from the early 60's.
only 1 picture from the 50's (road racing) is left from my dad's pictures.
as for the story.   if you have spent a lot of time around garages i think
you might know a buddy or an ed  and might have worked for or next to an old
man finzio at one time or another.  and the things that happen at the shop
or track?   yeah, we all have either seen or heard "that story" about the
car the fell off the lift, caught fire, part fell off, and the list goes on
and on.   *grin* (heaven forbid....we might have even done one of "those"
things?  <VBG>)
chuck
been there...broke that....and have fixed it at least twice!  LOL!