Re: pinion gear oil seal

To: jack skeffington <skeffiewa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinion gear oil seal
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 18:55:23 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
jack skeffington wrote:

> It's a bitch to get off! Any suggestions?
> I'm also planning to renew the dust covers and boots up front on the steering
>rack.
> Any helpful hints?

Impact wrench if you have one, or lock it with a big breaker bar and try
rolling the car. (Makes a big lever) It is RH threads.
On the boots, save your metal clamps, the new ones come with zip ties.
Count the turns of the tie rod ends on each side and refit them with the
smae amount of turns to keep the toe in close. They should be about 15
turns. so if 1 side is 10, and the other 20, make them 15 each and check
your toe in afterwards.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ