1500 hot hot hot

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 hot hot hot
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 23:18:50 +0100
Was just tuning the carbs.  It was all going too well...

One would have thought that my renewal of pretty much the entire cooling
system would have minimised overheating, although I know that 1500's
are prone to it.

The first I knew of it was when a little steam started coming out of the
area around the thermostat housing.  I was under the bonnet and didn't
see the gauge on the "H"!

Ignition timing is good now, if I do say so myself, so I don't think
that's anything to do with it.  What is interesting is that the hose
from the rad to the expansion tank was dead cold.  Surely in an
overheating situation coolant should be going into the tank, and out the
(new) cap if necessary?

Now playing: The Mahavishnu Orchestra - You Know, You Know