cryptic manual

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: cryptic manual
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 14:46:40 +0100
Ok, I'm now tuning the carbs.  Everything has gone well up until step
13, and I quote:
"Screw each jet adjusting nut fully up until the jets are flush with the
bridge of the carburetter or as high as possible without exceeding the
bridge height, ensure both jets are in the same relative position.  Turn
each jet adjusting nut down two complete turns (12 flats)."

The killer is screwing the nut until the jet is flush with the bridge of
the carburetter.  I know that the jet is the thing below the jet
adjusting nut.  But what or where is the "bridge" of the carburetter?
What part of the jet needs to be flush with it?

It's a shame that this is the only step not illustrated with idiot-proof
diagrams...