CA smog testing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: CA smog testing
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:04:18 -0700
Surprise, surprise!  I got a reply back from Assemblywoman Sally Lieber
concerning her smog bill.  It was a considered discussion of the points I
raised and she clarified the bill's intent.

Her bill would, briefly, make all cars older than 30 years exempt from smog
testing forever.
BUT...
All cars currently eligible for testing today would be subject to testing
FOREVER.

No more shifting window of smog test eligibility.  So if the bill passes
today, 1974(5?) cars would be permanently subjected to smog testing.

She must have realized I wasn't in her district as she rose to the bait of the
'should have done your homework' comment I made, and zinged me for not doing
MY homework on the smog contribution of the 1975-and newer cars.  Rightly so.
Seeing now that she has done her homework, I can at least respect her position
if not totally agreeing with it.

Glen Byrns