Re: MOT failure :(

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOT failure :(
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 00:16:19 +0100
On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 05:49:27PM -0400, Frank Clarici wrote:
> Antony Gelberg wrote:
>
> >Ironically, we failed the MOT,   The rear brakes don't work!
>

> Suspect the brake pressure/balance union.
> I hate those things and take them out and revert to the old style master
> cylinder, but the can be fixed, I just can't advise on how cause I throw
> them out along with those PITA tandum masters.

Didn't get onto it tonight, but fixed the number plate and reversing
lights.  Sidelight is proving a bit of a weird one, it's the H4
conversion.  Bulb fine, 12V across socket, even bent bulb contacts to
ensure good contact.  I might swap the bulbs, perhaps it's a weird "fit"
thing with that particular bulb and socket.

What I wanted to say is - I was looking at the Moss catalogue on the
tube today, gazing the dual line brake setup.  What's the point?  Is it
so that if rear or front fail, the others work?