Re: Fwd: FW: Subj: Fwd: Don't buy gas on May 19th 07:49:35 -0700 (PDT)

To: soavero@yahoo.com (Ron Soave)
Subject: Re: Fwd: FW: Subj: Fwd: Don't buy gas on May 19th 07:49:35 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:16:30 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"Car Pool"

Well....some of us could. Difficult on an
airline pilot's schedule. Even more so on
an actor's schedule. You wouldn't believe
the hours on the latter!!!

In my last year's on the job though, I did
carpool in a way...took the limo and left
the driving to them. Didn't cost me a penny more (transportation
employees
got a 50% discount) and cut way down on
the stress factor seeing as the most dangerous part of an airline
pilot's work is definitely the drive to and from the airport.

Anyway, I was laughing my ass off writing
that last post, Ron. I love it when
someone thinks he's gonna come up with
a way to fight or outsmart the oil companies...like they haven't got
this all
worked out for many moons to come.

Besides, I lot of this increase in price is due to ourselves in that for
clean air we
are refining gas according to geographic
location these days. Much more expensive process. MTBE is now being
phased out (thank God...the stuff was
poisoning us slowly but surely) and I think
ethanol now has to be refined in and surely, it will be different blends
for different geographic locations as well.

Here in Fairfield County we have "zone
pricing" wherein the "rich" counties pay more than the more "monetarily
challenged" to even things out, statewide.
93MON is $2.20 per gal here in Stamford
and going up.

There are fewer refineries, etc. So there are SOME valid reasons among
the many
more cited which do not hold water under
the inspector's microscope so to speak.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)