Gutless below 2500rpm

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gutless below 2500rpm
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 15:15:01 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
I'm posting to both lists for some 1500 info.

I've had my 1500 Midget out today for a couple of runs up the back
roads, as I try to dial in the carbs. I've got a 1500 with twin SU's,
running AAB needles, Mallory Dual-point, and a TSI 275 cam. No exhaust
to speak of, just the header (this will be remedied next week). The
carbs and timing seem right, but it feels gutless below 2500 rpm. When
2500rpm hits, it feels like a switch has been thrown and the car seem
eager to move. If I floor the accelerator in 4th around 2000 rpm, it
seems to stutter like it's starving for fuel. Is this just the nature of
the cam, or have I got something not quite right?

Thanks for any help!

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/