Re: Sick Bugeye information

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sick Bugeye information
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:30:19 -0700
I just scanned all the post on this and one thing I would add that I
did not see mentioned (though maybe I missed it) is whether it has
the correct front timing cover. I have seen 1275s with the early
non-vented timing cover, which can exacerbate this problem. Also, If
the engine sat for a long period of time, sometimes the rings will
freeze in the ring lands making and this will make a big contribution
to the problem. As suggested a leak-down test would be the first
thing I would do to determine where you are losing "passing gas"...'-)

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm