windshield wiper motor

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: windshield wiper motor
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:25:28 -0700 (PDT)
One of the pieces in a box in the trunk of my 68 midget is a wiper motor. I
don't plan on driving in the rain but living in Washington I figure I ought to
be prepared for an occassional unexpected shower ; )

The drive cable appeared frozen so I took it apart to investigate. The whole
armature appears to be magnetized and locked into the housing. In other words
when I took out the long bolts holding the motor housing I had to pull fairly
hard to seperate the cylindrical cover from the flat drive housing. The
windings and worm gear shaft came out with it and there is a definite magnetic
attraction between the windings and that housing.

1. Does anyone know what I mean?
2. Is this normal?
3. If not can I fix it?

Thanks, Jack