Re: Calling All Paint Experts...

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calling All Paint Experts...
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
My girlfriend is a chemist who makes paint for a living.  She said an
alkyd or an epoxy would yellow, however a urethane would never.  She
said the only cure would be to strip it off and repaint it.  If it is
indeed an alkyd you want it off anyway, that is garbage paint.

"Always use urethane clear coat."  :p

it was proly repainted at some point with a cheapy paint, are you
second owner+?

--- Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Do any of you paint experts on the list know anything about the
> yellowing of clear coat?  My 94 Miata is white and the clear coat in
> some of the top surfaces is turning yellow.  Looks like I have a two
> tone car, except the other color (yellow) is only on the top of the
> left
> front fender, the top of the left door and the top of the rear
> bumper.
> I'm beginning to think this may be a re-paint! ;^)  What can I do
> about
> the yellowing?  Will this end up in a re-paint? $$$$$!!!
> Mike MacLean
> 60 Sprite
> 56 BN2
> 02 Heritage Springer (in the shop because a teeny bopper on a cell
> phone
> in a Civic backed into it and knocked it over)
> 94 Miata (showing it's heritage by turning yellow)

=====
The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
www.TheFlashfire.net
quality webhosting since 1999.