Re: Patch panel gauge

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: Patch panel gauge
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:58:20 -0400 5.0; U)
Cc: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
I use 20 gauge cold rolled steel from the local supplier.  Old fenders might be
a good idea if the metal is clean enough, and it's already formed, but I've
never had much luck finding the right pieces.

On my MGA, some of the inner panels are 18 gauge, so some judgment is necessary
to determine if 20 gauge will get by, or if you need the heavier stuff to
maintain the strength.

Still others recommend starting with 18 gauge and panel beating it down to
something lighter for the final repair, but that is too esoteric for me.

Jim