Re: Correct Finish for Wiper Motor Box

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Correct Finish for Wiper Motor Box
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:39:46 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/04 6:58:06 PM, spritenut@exit109.com writes:

> 3 coats on bare metal and set it in the direct sunlight so it wrinkles
> evenly.

Can't let this one go by without suggesting powder coating--we did our dash
many years ago with a wrinkle finish, and it was great until some fool
oversprayed it with Nevada Beige--the first guy that painted our car.   In 1996
we had
the dash powder coated (and a different painter).   The result was great and
we didn't have to mess around with keeping it uniformly warm, etc.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"