Leaf spring installation

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaf spring installation
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:36:32 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Today's project is swapping in the brand new 1500 leaf springs off of
ebay (thanks, Kevin!). There is a noticeable differenc between the new
ones and the 25-30 year old ones I'm taking off.

One question - the rear shackles are now pointing forwards, due to the
increased spring tension. Will this settle out once I get the car down
and weight on the wheels, or do I need to do something else to get the
shackles pointed in the right direction?

TIA!

-=Chris

P.S., that "gutless below 2500 rpm" problem I had was solved by swapping
back in the original CEI 45DM4 dizzy for the Mallory, per some advice
from Daniel1312, and timing it for 32 degrees max advance (about 12
degrees BTDC if it idled at 700 rpm, which it doesn't). The difference
is night and day! I even took my wife down to Clinton in the Midget for
some ice cream last night.