Racing seat belts... Hmmm ( damn little LBC.. well sorta )

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing seat belts... Hmmm ( damn little LBC.. well sorta )
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 08:42:09 -0500
I went to the southeast classic... oh back in the 80's in Atlanta...  and
had the same thing happen to me.... never had belts in my 100... just wasn't
part of the game... sooo a fella with a Concours ( nicest one I've ever
seen ) 3000 has a brand new set of belts in the plastic.. NOS... and he
pulls them out and hands them to me so I could race...

Not wanting to scratch the chrome on them... so he could put them back in
the bag when we were done... I stuffed them under the bun and away I went...
Scary Scary Scary.... but you know at the time I didn't think a thing about
it...

Matter of fact as I write this little story... it comes to me that Scotty
Aurant was the tech guy... and Phelps? was the belt owner...

I have to tell you... that was one of the best events of my life... I really
got to know John May and Len Thomas there and became great freinds with many
others...

Keith ( it would'a been the best event... but you would have had to been at
Bonneville last year and the 200 club banquet  )