RE: Voltage regulator

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Voltage regulator
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:50:39 -0700
Mechanical regulator for 12volt 25amp generator.
Ref:83306 #27.22
See here:
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/towing/towing.html

I am sure Redline components in England http://www.redlinecomponents.co.uk/
would have it too- this regulator was also fitted to some Sevens, which they
cater for. Also used on countless other LBCs...

When I had another Lucas regulator fried on my Lotus (RB340), I just took it
to the nearest electrics autoshop in La Mesa, CA- not exactly a hot bed of
British machinery - and it took them all of 10 minutes to locate a suitable,
non branded replacement, which they had in stock, and is still working on
the car today. Cost me $50. Did not mind the price at all, considering they
were willing to look and see what would work. But those guys are real
experts, not the "it's not in the book so we can't help you" type one seems
to get behind too many shop counters nowadays.

JLC

You wrote:
Does anyone know if there is an easy replacement or
match for a Lucas voltage regulator? I live where
Lucas is not stocked at the auto parts stores and have
to order everything via the Web. Mine is bad and I
want to motor in the next day or two - any advice>

Lucas part #RB106-2037182L 12V 12 61 BH8 on the
regulator.

---