Re: Leaking gas tank

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: Leaking gas tank
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:27:45 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
SDOliner@aol.com wrote:

> How stupid would it be to use self tapping sheet metal screws, gasket
> material and a mending plate?

I don't know how stupid that would be but it worked for me for a year or
so til I sold the car (68 Ford)
I used a screw coated in Phenoseal caulk. (waterbased caulk) Don't use
oil, butyl, urethane, or silicone based sealants as gas will disolve it.
Any Spridget tank will bolt up under a Bugeye, you will need to do some
filler neck modifications and use the rubber tube from a later Spridget.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ