Water Temperature Sender threads x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: mg <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Temperature Sender threads x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:13:30 -0800
Our BMC cylinder heads come with 5/8 fine machine thread.
Often, accessory gauges come with 1/4" pipe thread, which
looks the same, but is a bit coarser and is tapered.

The first one I fitted went in okay and may have sealed, with
the plumbers tape and tightness, but the capillary tube deformed
against something inside. No readings occurred.

The next gauge I bought had the same thread, but I had a
welder pal make an adapter with 5/8 fine male and 1/4 pipe
female. It fits and it works. Perhaps it's the right way to do it.

Captain Rapture