Re: Starter problem: dieng on me hp.com>

To: "DE-BREBISSON,CYRILLE (HP-Boise,ex1)" <cyrille@hp.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starter problem: dieng on me hp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:41:31 -0500
Cyrille,
         The most usual installation error is when tightening on the wire
to the starter, folks do not hold the inner stud nut when tightening the
outer for the cable. If the brass stud is allowed to move, it could very
well break the frail internal connection to the brushes. I recommend
attaching the wire before installing the starter. It's much easier to avoid
the mistake. They are odd size wrenches for the nuts, too.
         Peter C.
=====