Re: my car runs!(but I need help) EDT

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com
Subject: Re: my car runs!(but I need help) EDT
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:06:07 -0400
Cc: pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Db...

Once you've "tuned" the mechanicals, the
finishing touch is a session on a dyno wherein air/fuel ratio and
ignition advance
curve are "dialed in" or "matched" to the foregoing mechanical changes
for
compatibility in terms of best performance
for your finanical investment.

If this is not the case, than total timing
(advance) would be the priority and in terms of advance "rate", let the
chips fall
where they may insofar as rate will
pretty much not be a problem as long as
one does not go overboard on the "total".

Assuming 93PON unleaded, you MAY
be able to get away with 34 degrees in
this respect, with compression ratios not
exceeding 9.5-1 or so, depending upon
cam timing, spark plug heat range, port
& combustion chamber machining, etc.

The answers with respect to the "variables" in terms of the foregoing
lie within the appropriate chapter on
ignition timing as described in
Dave Vizard's "Tuning BL's Series A....".

Nobody says it better! :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)